We serve the congregation as a team during each service. We serve by making each person feel like they belong at Immanuel Lutheran Church. We do this by genuinely welcoming and connecting with every person who comes to Immanuel each weekend or for special events by greeting them with a warm friendly hello, a handshake and helping them find a seat.
If there is a logistical problem we will solve it. Here some things we do as ushers.
• Welcome people and hand out the bulletins
• Assist people needing a prayer room, nursery, Sunday School, or hearing assistance.
• Collect the offering. • Collect the communication/attendance cards.
• During communion the ushers direct the congregation to receive communion. The ushers inform the Pastor of anyone who is unable to get to the altar for communion so that he may administer communion to them at their seat.
• After worship service the ushers gather material from pews and sort remaining bulletins for following services. They check restrooms and secure all doors.
2019 Saturday Usher Schedule
2019 Sunday Usher Schedule
Greeters Our greeters serve as "God's First Response PR Team"! They are the friendly faces that welcome visitors and members to worship and invite them to the Immanuel Lutheran Church family and all the activities happening.