Rainbows is a support group for children who are dealing with a loss like divorce or death of a significant family member.
Through journals, games, and group discussion, children are encouraged to express their feelings in positive ways and are reminded they are not alone in dealing with the change and loss they are facing. Rainbows groups are offered at Immanuel for children who are in Kindergarten -5th grade.
Contact Deaconess Kelly for more information about when the next groups will meet.
For more information about the Rainbows program visit their site: https://rainbows.org/
Bible Stepping Stone
Starting March Bible Stepping Stone is an 8 week program for 2nd graders and their parents where they will learn the importance of reading and studying God’s Word. During these sessions, children will be guided in highlighting key passages in each book of the Bible, and at the end of the program there will be a special blessing service where children are presented with their Bibles. Those families participating will receive the children's study Bible as a gift from Children’s Ministry at Immanuel. The class meets during the Spring and is held during Sunday School time (9:30-10:30 a.m.). For more information, contact Deaconess Kelly.
Sunday School at Immanuel
Sunday School meets every Sunday from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
(There are several choices of Adult Bible Classes for parents to attend while their children attend Sunday School!)
The 2 year old class meets in the nursery located on the lower level of Sanctuary (you can take the elevator, or the steps to the left of the elevator)
Pre-School-6th grade children are to be dropped off in the cafeteria (lower level of the school) for the opening and will then go with their teachers to their classrooms. Pre-School-6th grade children will then return to the cafeteria for closing, and all children must be picked up by a parent at 10:30.
We are blessed to have an outstanding Sunday School ministry at Immanuel that features:
• A solid program (we use the Cross Explorations program from Concordia Publishing House) that takes the children through the Bible in 3 years. Children hear of the love of their Savior, Jesus Christ, every week!
• Dedicated Sunday School teachers who care about the children and are eager to share God's Word with them. • Fun crafts that remind the children what they have learned in the lesson.
• Opportunities each week to sing praises to God and several opportunities throughout the year to sing during worship services.
• Service projects throughout the year that give the children the opportunity to show Jesus' love to others. • An opportunity to support various missions and helping organizations with their offerings.
• Special activities and events during the year! For more information on how you can get involved with our Sunday School ministry, please contact Deaconess Kelly